Monday, November 22, 2010

Comfort Quilting

Another gap between posts. Had a good chat to Shelle last night, so about time I posted my pictures. I wanted to do a quick and portable quilt. Happened that I saw this Raw edge layer cake quilt on the Bloom blog. Find the quilt directions here.


A very quick and easy quilt - her directions for quilting the panels using guides cut from cardboard were really easy and quite enjoyable.

I used some fabric from my stash for the backing, I didn't have enough for one colour back so I alternated a plain and fancy fabric. It added a new dimension to laying out the blocks and a bit of a logic puzzle was born. I'm very pleased with the result.




I tried to photograph outside and draped over furniture- I have a new appreciation of those lovely photos in the magazines. A lot of skill in the staging and photography- rather than avoiding the rainy patches and snapping with a point and shoot camera.

Di

2 comments:

CraftyMummy said...

It looks lovely Di.

I've tried the outside photo shoot thing too - very tricky!

Bloom said...

Di, your quilt looks gorgeous! Lovely in Martinique. I love how you've done a checkerboard back - very clever! So glad you worked out my instructions for the quilting guide! Thanks for linking back to my blog. I really appreciate it.